Frequently Asked Questions
What is Economic Gardening?Economic gardening embraces strategies aimed at helping local businesses grow. The program focuses on entrepreneurship & innovation, while providing tools & research that are typically off-limits to smaller businesses.
What is GrowOLATHE?
GrowOLATHE is the city of Olathe’s economic gardening program. Its goal is to stimulate investment in Olathe’s economy by providing technical assistance to the city’s expanding businesses.
Companies seeking to participate in the program will be evaluated based on the eligibility requirements provided below.
What is GrowOLATHE’s Eligibility Criteria?
To be considered as a participant in the GrowOLATHE Program, your company must meet the following minimum criteria at the time of selection:
- Be a for-profit, privately held company;
- Maintained a principal place of business in Olathe for at least the previous two years;
- Employ at least 5, but not more than 100 employees;
- Generate annual revenues greater than $500,000, but not more than $25 million; and,
- During three of the previous five years, have increased both gross revenues & number of full-time equivalent employees inOlathe.
What if my company doesn’t meet GrowOLATHE’s Eligibility Criteria?
If your company does not meet all of the above-listed eligibility criteria, you are still encouraged to complete the application to find out about programs and resources that may still be available to them.
What is the Application Process?
- Step 1: Applicant will submit a completed GrowOLATHE candidate application.
- Step 2: The application will be initially reviewed to determine if the above stated minimum eligibility requirements are met.
- Step 3: The portion of the application regarding the Company Summary will be evaluated to determine final acceptance into the GrowOLATHE program. The GrowOLATHE team will ask the applicant additional questions during this process.
- Step 4: Within 5 business days of completing Step 3, the applicant will be informed of acceptance into the GrowOLATHE program. Once accepted, a representative from GrowOLATHE will contact the company to advise them of next steps and to schedule a kickoff call.