CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Olathe Chamber of
Commerce is eager to receive news from its members for use in various
electronic e-communications. The Olathe Business Report e-newsletter
will be distributed to all members every week on Friday. We will
share your news with others members on a space available basis,
listing them in the sub-category or link we find most appropriate:
The following criteria will guide us in the use of submissions:
- Deals and Discounts
- Business Briefs (community, city, state government)
- What's happening calendar/events
- Professional development
The Olathe Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to edit all submissions
and does not guarantee publication of all submissions! Please contact
Joyce Coker Dreier, Senior Vice President of Community Relations,
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bethany
Persaud, Webmaster and E-communications Specialist (email@example.com)
if you have more questions.
- All submissions must contain newsworthy information:
expansions, relocations, new staff, renovations, awards, etc.
Sales promotions will not be accepted; however, paid advertising
is offered and/or inclusion in the Chamber's online Deals and
Discounts section (Preferred Savings Plus Discount Directory).
Contact the Chamber for additional information (firstname.lastname@example.org
for advertising and
for Deals and Discounts). All submission must meet at least
one of the following criteria:
- The event, announcement, or activity being reported is organized
or sponsored and submitted by an Olathe Chamber of Commerce
- The location or venue for the event or activity is a member
of the Olathe Chamber.
- The event or activity draws visitors to the area.
- All proposed news releases must be submitted via e-mail and
sent to email@example.com.
- Copy should be pasted in the body of the e-mail or attached
in a Microsoft Word document.
- Submissions must be in text/paragraph format and are limited
to 800 characters (approximately 160 words).
- Event submissions are limited to 75 words or less and will
be posted online (when appropriate) and in the calendar section
of the newsletter. Allow adequate lead time (two weeks prior
to the event).
- Submissions will run for a maximum of two consecutive weeks.
- While we cannot guarantee inclusion in any particular weekly
e-newsletter, be sure to submit your information at least seven
days before the date you would like to see the article posted.
- Submissions will be accepted on a space available basis. Our
space and resources for reporting are limited, and we must limit
the number of submissions we. We reserve the right to select
appropriate submissions and edit them for length and style.
- Provide a title.
- Use plain text format (for example, Arial or Times New Roman), not special fonts or unusual characters.
- Photos must be in JPEG format and less than 500K.
- Submissions must include a date, time, location, and associated costs.
- All submissions must include a contact name with phone and/or e-mail, as well as a Web site for additional information.
- Do not use all caps.