Packet Pick-Up and Expo – Details will be posted as they become available.
5-6 a.m. Packet Pick-Up
7 a.m. Marathon and half marathon start
7:30 a.m. 5K and kids run start
8:20 a.m. (approx.) 5K awards
9:30 a.m. (approx.) Half marathon awards
10:45 a.m. (approx.) Marathon awards
The Packet Pick-Up and Expo will be held Friday, April 19, 2013, at Garmin World Headquarters, 1200 E. 151st Street, Olathe, Kansas 66062.
More details will be posted as they become available.
Before or after the race, you can take advantage of the great shopping, dining and attractions in Olathe and beyond. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Right here in Olathe:
- Find some great shopping at the Great Mall of the Great Plains and at the many options along 119th Street.
- Explore the great outdoors, indoors, at Bass Pro Shops.
- Slow down and relax over a glass of wine at Stone Pillar Winery.
- Visit the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm Historic Site, the only remaining stagecoach stop on the Santa Fe Trail still open to the public.
- Enjoy some free activities, such as the Ernie Miller Nature Center.
- Find some fun at Sadlers Indoor Racing, Advanced Laser Tag, Cosmic Mini Golf and more.
- Check out the Official Visitor’s Guide to Olathe.
Kansas City at your doorstep:
- Enjoy some live music or theater. Check out Kansas City’s rich jazz history in the Blue Room, a museum by day and working jazz club by night.
- Try some of KC’s world famous barbecue. Oklahoma Joe’s Barbecue was picked as a winner in the 2012 Visitor’s Choice Awards.
- Stroll the gorgeous Country Club Plaza and see why Kansas City is called the City of Fountains.
- Take in one of Kansas City’s art galleries, such as the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art – one of its current exhibitions The Map as Art is on display through April 21.
- Find fresh produce, international foods and local charm at the City Market.
- Enjoy some nightlife over a glass of our hometown Boulevard Beer in the Kansas City Power & Light District.
Find more ideas in the Kansas City area at visitkc.com.
The host hotel for the marathon is the Hilton Garden Inn, located just 7 minutes from the start/finish line, off I-35.
Hilton Garden Inn
12080 Strang Line Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
- All rooms $79
- Late 2 p.m. checkout for these rooms only.
- Shuttle service to Start/Finish line.
- Pre-Race Pasta Buffet on Friday, April 19, $10.95/person
Find more hotel options in Olathe. Some have special rates for race participants and offer shuttle service to the start/finish line.
Directions to Garmin from Kansas City International Airport
The start/finish line is located at Garmin International Headquarters, 1200 E. 151st Street Olathe, KS 66062. Parking is available on site. If you have a Garmin navigation device, simply look for Garmin in your “Favorites” and follow the directions to find your way here. Or use the following:
- Take I-29 S/US-71 S via the ramp to Kansas City
- Take exit 3B to merge onto I-635 S
- Entering Kansas
- Take exit 1A to merge onto I-35 S toward Wichita
- Take exit 215 for US 169/K7
- Go straight through the first intersection (follow the signs for Executive Airport/151st Street)
- Turn left onto E 151st Street and continue approximately 1 mile
- Turn left onto the Garmin campus and follow the signs for the tower lobby (located in the eight-story building)
Race participants are eligible for discounted airport transportation to and from Olathe hotels. You may reserve your transportation online.
Based on average temperatures, race day is likely to reach a high of 60° F (16° C) with a low of 40° F (4° C). View current Olathe weather.
April weather in Kansas can be unpredictable and can produce snow, heavy rain and high winds with little notice. We recommend training in all conditions and coming prepared for the worst with proper attire. In case of severe weather, the race director reserves the right to delay, postpone or even cancel the race in the interest of safety.