Join us for a marathon, half marathon or 5K through the beautiful city streets and trails in eastern Kansas. This year marks the eleventh anniversary of this event, which began in 2004 as the Olathe Marathon. The city of Olathe is just 20 minutes southwest of downtown Kansas City. Come experience our Midwest charm in the Land of Oz.
Races will start and finish at Garmin Headquarters at the corner of 151st and Ridgeview St. in Olathe, Kansas. Address is 1200 E. 151st Street, Olathe, Kansas 66062. Or if you have a Garmin navigation device, simply look for Garmin in your “Favorites” and follow the directions to find your way here.
Shirts and Medals
- Medals to Marathon, half & team relay finishers
- All participants will receive a short-sleeve technical t-shirt
Join one of our free SmartPace teams to achieve your goal time, or just to have a great time running with a group. Our seasoned line-up of runners, each equipped with a Garmin Forerunner® running watch, will follow a carefully planned pacing strategy designed to give you the best chance to run a great race. Instead of running an even pace for each mile, they will use a SmartPace strategy that adjusts the pace based on the hills to help you run “even effort” and start out conservatively to help you run more efficiently. Meet your pacers for this event and join a team for one of these goal times:
- Half Marathon: 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, 2:45, 2:50, 2:55, 3:00
- Marathon: 3:10, 3:15, 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:10, 4:20, 4:30, 4:40, 4:50, 5:00, 5:15, 5:30
The start and finish of all races are in the same area. Extra clothing will be placed under a tent at the finish line.
The marathon, half marathon, team relay and 5K will use chip timing by UltraMax. Participants must attach the chip to their shoe prior to starting the race.
- Walkers are not allowed in any of the races, but a run/walk combo is fine as long as marathon participants reach mile 11 by 10 a.m.
- No strollers or dogs are allowed in any of the races.
- No participants will be allowed to start late. It is recommended that participants arrive one half hour early to allow enough time to warm up and get to the start line.
- All participants will receive a technical shirt, but size is not guaranteed to participants who register after April 8, 2014.
Details will be posted as they become available.
Eat great food at the taste of Olathe, relax with a massage,
or quench your thirst at the beer tent. Olathe has a wide
range of restaurants to offer, which will be represented at
the Finish Line Festivities. Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue
Shield of Kansas City.
Photography provided by Action Sports Images.
Trophies & Awards
Trophies will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall male and female finishers. First place male and female overall finishers in the marathon will receive a Garmin Forerunner 610 fitness watch; 1st place male and female overall in the half will receive a Forerunner 210 fitness watch; and 1st place male and female overall in the 5k will receive a Forerunner 10 fitness watch.
Trophies will also be presented to the 1st place male and female masters (over 40 years old) finisher. Age-group awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups: 18 and under, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54- 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over. The overall and masters trophy recipients are not eligible for age group awards (no double-dipping).
The awards ceremony for the overall and masters winners will be as soon as the results are confirmed to be official. The approximate times for the trophy presentations are as follows:
5K at 8:20 a.m., half marathon at 9:30 a.m. and marathon at 10:45 a.m. We will make every attempt to give out the age-group awards as soon as possible. Please check at the awards tent after the race for the posting of race results as they become available. Overall trophies
(1st, 2nd, and 3rd) will be determined by gun time. The age group and 1st masters awards will be determined by chip time.