The Chamber is hiring for the position of Webmaster/Graphic Designer. The Webmaster/Graphic Designer would manage all aspects of the Chamber’s website, including design, layout, navigation, functionality, content, tracking and e-marketing initiatives. In addition, this person would work with the Chamber’s various departments to create marketing, informational and promotional materials, including print ads, web ads, social media, signage, e-newsletters and other e-mail marketing pieces.
QUALIFICATIOINS: Degree in graphic design, e-communication, web design or similar field. Professional experience in graphic and web design. Excellent organizational, project-time management skills. Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Java Script, HTML, HTML5, CSS and XML. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail. Creative problem solving. Ability to work as a team member and independently. Layout skills. Deadline-oriented.
1. Webmaster/maintenance of the Chamber’s website, www.olathe.org
- Ensure the site is consistent with the Chamber’s mission, its identity and corporate image
- Coordinate with multiple departments on site content
- Refresh website to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and images
- Design e-communications, including web banners, e-mail marketing pieces and e-newsletters
- Provide research to help in making decisions pertaining to Internet marketing and management strategies
- Keep up-to-date on current SEO strategy, utilizing modern techniques to keep olathe.org relevant to its visitors
- Manage vendor agreements and registrations for all Internet needs and with all Chamber Internet partners
- Research, evaluate, and implement innovative programs to meet Chamber member needs and attract users to the website
- Undertake training as needed to remain current on the latest technologies and trends, including e-marketing, scripting, security, e-commerce, reporting and authorizing tools and graphic design
2. Graphic Design for Publications and Communications (Electronic and Printed)
- Oversee use of logos and taglines, integrated graphic design, etc., to ensure Chamber is “speaking with one voice”
- Conceptualize, design and produce projects including print ads, signage, newsletters, postcards, fliers, invitations and additional projects as assigned for various departments
- Work with the Director of Communications and contract-publishing companies to develop special publications, including the Chamber Membership Directory and Relocation Guide
3. General staff assistance
- Train and advise staff simple software and hardware use as needed
- Serve as a liaison with WebLink Connect (Chamber’s database system) as it pertains to the website
- Compile bounce back e-mails and send to appropriate staff
- Other responsibilities as requested by the CEO, COO and Director of Communications to lend support to other departments
Interested candidates should send their resumes and salary requirements to Carly Baltes at the Chamber, email@example.com, or at 18001 W. 106th St. Ste. 160 by Dec. 13.